Before your procedure or treatment, your specialist may refer you to the hospital's Pre-admission Centre.
Before Your Pre-admission Centre Appointment
At the consultation with your doctor you will receive the pre admission health questionnaire and information forms with a reply-paid envelope. It is extremely important that you complete the health questionnaire so we are aware of any health issues you have that might affect your treatment. Please ensure you read and complete the sections on the front and back of both forms, especially the details about the responsible adult who will be picking you up and accompanying you home.
Getting the forms back to us
If your admission is within the next five (5) working days, please scan and email to SVPHS.PreAdmission@svha.org.au or you can hand deliver to reception. If your admission is more than 5 working days away: Mail the forms using the enclosed pre-addressed, free-post envelope.
The coordinator of the centre may call you to arrange an appointment or you can ring to make your appointment by calling (02) 8382 7459. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.
The Pre Admission Centre is located on Level 4 of St Vincent’s Private Hospital, 406 Victoria Street Darlinghurst.
During your visit
During your visit we provide you with a plan of care, explain your treatment, discuss your discharge options and will answer any questions you or your family may have about your stay.
This is a good time to discuss any specific instructions from your doctor, your current medications and any dietary requirements. Please make sure that you advise the nurse about any pre-existing conditions or risk factors.
If you have any safety concerns we will take steps to address them at this time. We will endeavour to complete all admission paperwork at this visit, which will facilitate a prompt admission on the day you are scheduled to come into hospital.
Please bring with you:
- Your completed health questionnaire and pre admission details if you have not returned it
- A list of all medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosage information (a verified list can be obtained from your GP or pharmacist)
- A list of any allergies to medicines, food, latex, dust, pollen or other sources
- Any doctors’ letters scans and x-rays related to your condition
- Details of your Health Insurance Fund
- All entitlement cards e.g. Medicare, Safety Net, Veterans Affairs, Pensioner Health Card or Health Benefit Card (if applicable)
- Details of any community services you currently receive
- Contact details for your General Practitioner.
Any tests requested by your doctor will be completed at this time. These may vary depending on your health and type of surgery, but can include vital signs, blood tests, urine tests and/or an ECG. An anaesthetic review may also be arranged in conjunction with your appointment.
At pre admission we ask that you supply us with your credit card details, which will be entered into our secure system. Any excess or co-payment will be taken at this time.
If for some reason, you are not able to visit our Pre Admission Centre, a nurse from the Centre will endeavour to telephone you to discuss your medical history and make sure you have the information you need about your hospital stay.